passthrough host NIC interface to VM

From: Kent Dorfman
Subject: passthrough host NIC interface to VM
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2020 08:49:11 -0500

I'm running a VM to encapsulate embedded development into a distro
that is supported by my hardware vendors.  I need to map a host PCIe
ethernet NIC to the VM so that it is ONLY seen by the VM and ignored
by the host.

In the past I've done this sucessfully, using a USB ethenet dongle, by
passing through the USB vendor:product ID, but this NIC is PCI.

I am NOT using virtio functions in my VM.

What qemu-system-x86_64 startup options will let me pass the PCI NIC
directly to the VM?

TIA