Re: Is STM32f429 discovery board fully supported on qemu?

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: Re: Is STM32f429 discovery board fully supported on qemu?
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2020 16:53:54 +0200

> On 6 Feb 2020, at 16:42, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> https://xpack.github.io/qemu-arm/#why-xpack-qemu-arm
>
>  "Even more, support for semihosting in the public
>  QEMU version was broken, and the verbosity required
>  for integration with the QEMU plug-in was missing,
>  so it could not be used with the GNU MCU Eclipse
>  plug-ins."
>
> Too bad these improvements aren't shared with the whole community.

Unfortunately, at that time (several years ago), there was little interest in
anything else but Unix class machines, and we could not agree on a common
strategy how to handle the changes required by GNU MCU Eclipse, so I had to
make a fork.

> Note there have been a lot of changes/improvements related to ARM semihosting
> recently in the mainstream QEMU.

Yes. Great!

> Quite a nice list, it shouldn't require a lot of effort to contribute these
> boards to the community IMHO.

If there is interest, please start a new thread and we can discuss how to
contribute them back to the main project.

Regards,

Liviu