Re: [Qemu-discuss] QEMU Snapshots on Sabrelite IMX.6 do not work

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] QEMU Snapshots on Sabrelite IMX.6 do not work
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2019 14:04:18 +0100

On Fri, 9 Aug 2019 at 13:38, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,  I'm trying to take and restore a snapshot with
> the whole system state of the Sabrelite  IMX.6  board running
> on QEMU with  commands savevm/loadvm .  It seems that I am able
> to take a snapshot but loading the snapshot fails.

> QEMU stops and I can't switch back from monitor to Linux.
> Typing “cont” doesn’t help. It
> seems like the simulation has freezed. CPU usage on my Laptop machine
> equals 100% until I exit QEMU.

That sounds like a bug. Save and restore support requires
handling by every device model in the system, so if some
device specific to the imx6 is missing this support or
has a bug in it, then the imx6 save/restore won't work.

Does the monitor continue to work (in that it will respond
to commands you type)? Usually if the monitor still works
but the guest has apparently frozen, this means that some
state in the UART or interrupt controller isn't migrated
correctly, so that the guest never sees that you've typed
anything.

thanks