[Qemu-discuss] How to use qemu for non-interactive testing

From: Wink Saville
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] How to use qemu for non-interactive testing
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 19:30:14 +0000

I would like to use qemu in a test environment where I give a "kernel" image to qmeu have it execute it and then when complete have qemu exit. Currently when
executing:

  $ qemu-system-arm -M versatilepb -m 128M -nographic -kernel test.bin
  Hi
  $

After test.bin prints "Hi" via the "Uart in VersatilePB" I have to interactively press ctrl-a then press 'x' to have it return to the command prompt. Is there a way for test.bin to cause qemu to exit without having to type commands in the terminal.

-- Wink