Re: [Qemu-discuss] Qemu-system-sparc: What would I need to change to add

From: Jim Jarvie
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Qemu-system-sparc: What would I need to change to add functionality to save the nvram content between boots ?
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 11:22:22 -0400

Hi Max,

What options do you need ?

Using :

-net nic,macaddr=00:80:<fill in MAC of the Sparc box> -M SS-20 (for a SPARC-20)

Will get the host ID to match whatever your original SPARC box had and that will satisfy lmgrd.

If you need SCSI IDs properly set (e.g. disk and CD to correct place), normally disks are SCSI ID 3 [on my systems] and you set that with

-drive file=xxxxx,format=raw,unit=3

With that, the default NVRAM boot options should boot the disk when you enter boot.

For a CDROM, from recollection, it defaults to unit=2 (don't have a machine to verify this right now but if you run boot cdrom and check for the ID it's looking for and match that).

That should be all you normally need to match the NVRAM defaults (except for auto-boot).

Now, some old info I could find suggests :

-prom-env 'boot-device=disk1' -prom-env 'auto-boot?=true'

(change disk1 to whatever you set up)

Will do that.  I've not been able to verify this is still true though as there were comments about it being broken (anyone else want to jump in?)

However, if it does not, you can script booting by starting the QEMU process with serial console over TCP and then send a boot command to it using an expect script.  The example link I sent you before has the process started with a serial console over TCP, which should give you a starting point.

Jim