[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Qemu-discuss] Qemu-system-sparc: What would I need to change to add fun
[Qemu-discuss] Qemu-system-sparc: What would I need to change to add functionality to save the nvram content between boots ?
Thu, 10 Sep 2015 14:58:08 +0200
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/38.2.0
I was looking into what parts would need change to save and restore the
nvram content for the qemu-system-sparc vm between boots.
I see the code in hw/timer/m48t59.c that implements the nvram.
So some questions arise, and before I spend too much time poking around
the still unknown code, I'd thought I ask first.
1. Command line processing starts in vl.c in the main fct there ? Can I
add a command line argument there, say "-sparcnvram" ?
2. In hw/timer/m48t59.c has no functionality that I see from having a
look at it (not in depth) to save or restore the nvram's contents for
sparc. Is there a general facility that qemu has that provides such a
functionality - i.e. is there a general qemu save and restore framework ?
3. Is there an example somebody could point me to that implements
something similar ? Imitation is the sincerest of flattery ....
4. All the alarm and watchdog functionality that the m48t08 provides, is
that used on sparc too ?
5. Besides what is in
http://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/GettingStartedDevelopers, is there
some qemu coding documentation to make it faster for somebody unfamilar
with qemu's code like me to be able to implement something ? I'd like to
spend a few evenings on this, produce a patch and move on.
- [Qemu-discuss] Qemu-system-sparc: What would I need to change to add functionality to save the nvram content between boots ?,
Maximilian H. <=