[Qemu-discuss] Question regarding windows 8 sleep opting missing with Q

From: 추헌광
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Question regarding windows 8 sleep opting missing with QEMU / KVM,
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 14:23:16 +0900 (KST)

Hi all,

This is my first qeustion in Qemu-discuss site.

I am trying to load Windows 8 in my Linux PC using QEMU/KVM.

sleep mode appears to be completely gone after setting microsoft standard vga.

In windows 8 , go to Control Panel->Hardware and Sound->Power options-> Balanced or Power saver -> change plan settings

then only I can see "Turn off display" option, but "put the computer to sleep" option for entering sleep is missing.

Does  std-vga setting of QEMU / KVM support the sleep mode for winodws 8 ?

I appreciate it very much!

Heon Gwang