Re: [Qemu-discuss] No USB host controller and devices on virtualized gue

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] No USB host controller and devices on virtualized guest OS (on Arndale board)
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 11:10:46 +0000

On 5 February 2015 at 10:44, Eric Valette <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 05/02/2015 11:39, Peter Maydell wrote:
>> For Android emulation you'll need 3D acceleration to get good
>> performance anyway, which upstream QEMU doesn't have.

> Granted.

You might want to investigate the new upstream Android emulator
work (the key term is "ranchu") which should combine Google's
GL acceleration support with a new enough QEMU to support KVM
on ARM. This is all still rather work-in-progress though so
you'd need to be prepared to get your hands dirty debugging
and fixing stuff. In the longer term it's probably the best
solution to what you're aiming for I suspect.