[Qemu-discuss] qcow2 - can you take a snapshot of an cow (overlay) image

From: vrms
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] qcow2 - can you take a snapshot of an cow (overlay) image?
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 14:01:48 +0800

I am trying to understand the difference between copy-on-write image (overlay images) and snapshots in qemu. And to use which of both for what purpose
Looks to me understanding how to master these tools would open up many possibilities

One question I have is: Can you take a snapshot of a cow (overlay image? and if yes, does it behave the same as a snapshot from a base image would behave?