Re: [Qemu-discuss] Error when trying to ./configure qemu for MinGW-w64

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Error when trying to ./configure qemu for MinGW-w64
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 09:13:48 +0100

On 9 October 2014 01:35, ta0590897 <address@hidden> wrote:
> Under Lubuntu 14.04, here's the cmdline:
> ./configure --target-list=i386-softmmu --cross-prefix=i686-w64-mingw32-
> --static --disable-sdl --enable-gtk --disable-kvm --disable-curl
> --disable-vnc --disable-fdt --disable-rdma
>
> ERROR: zlib check failed
>        Make sure to have the zlib libs and headers installed.

You need a cross version of the zlib development libraries.
(You'll also need some others, most notably glib.)

> I have googled, and tried the follwing:
>
> sudo apt-get install zlib1g-dev
> sudo apt-get --no-install-recommends -y build-dep qemu
> sudo apt-get install build-essential

These are all going to install the native libraries which
you need to build a Linux QEMU. The cross compiler can't
use these.

> sudo apt-get install mingw-w64

This is just the mingw cross compiler, and doesn't include
other libraries.

Unfortunately Ubuntu don't ship Windows cross versions of
the necessary libraries, so you'll need to download them
from http://www.gtk.org/download/win32.php (which has glib
and all its subdependencies), unpack them in a new directory
and tell configure to pass that directory to the compiler
for include and library files.

thanks