Re: [Qemu-discuss] Host-Bridge in routed TAP Mode

From: Sven Gehr
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Host-Bridge in routed TAP Mode
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 14:54:43 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 26. September 2013, 13:01:06 schrieb Vlad Yasevich:
> On 09/26/2013 11:46 AM, Sven Gehr wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 25. September 2013, 10:30:15 schrieb Vlad Yasevich:

> >>   From what I understand, routed mode is just that.  It depends
> >>
> >> on ip forwarding being enabled for the interfaces and it will
> >> try to route the packets from your bridge out through your designated
> >> interface.
> >
> > Exactly, all packets from/to the bridging should be routed to the
> > interface
> > eth0.
>
> For that to happen, eth0 should have an IP address and you need to have
> proper routes configured.  Also ip forwarding has to be enabled in the
> interfaces.

ok, then that is my fault. eth0 should not have their own address.

[...]
> > brctl addif intern eth0

> >> You can used libvirt to setup a bridged interface in the Network
> >> Interfaces tab though.

> > I have no graphical interface on the system. What is missing in my
> > xml-file?
> I think what you want to do is run:
>       virsh iface-bridge eth0 br0

ok, I try:

virsh iface-bridge eth0 intern

and get the error:

Error: faild to get interface 'eth0'
Error: this function is not supportet by the connection driver:
virtInterfaceLookupByName

> You may then edit the xml using iface-edit command.
ok, note edit the xml-file with an standard editor.

> Then change the vm xml to use the br0 interface instead of the default
> network you crated.

I have not yet installed vm. That will come later if the bridge works :-)

--
Viele Grüsse

Sven Gehr
77815 Bühl