[Qemu-discuss] Singlestepping & Target assembly instructions

From: Emmanuel Blot
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Singlestepping & Target assembly instructions
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 18:34:50 +0200

Hi,

I'm using QEmu to debug an ARM target (OS-less code).
I searched/googled for help on how to trace all instructions executed
on the target CPU.

Using -singlestep and -d in_asm option switches generate the data I'm
looking for, however as the translation blocks are cached, the
instructions are only printed once (the first time the instruction is
translated from target code to host code).

Is there any way to force QEmu to disable the TB cache so that the
translation occurs each time a target instruction is loaded, or a
clever way to print out the address of each executed instruction ?

I do not care about performances (disabling the TB is likely to cause
a massive performance drawback).

Thanks,
Manu