[Qemu-discuss] Qemu and hard drives >2TB

From: Christian Lerrahn
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Qemu and hard drives >2TB
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 08:30:26 +1100

Hi,
I've used Qemu in the past to install NetBSD from a Linux system.
However, the problem I'm facing now is that I need to install to a 3TB
hard drive and Qemu will only recognise 2TB. Not only can I not used
GPT but it never even sees the drive at its full size (which a non-gpt
fdisk will).

I've tried different versions of Qemu but possibly not the absolutely
latest one. Is there any version that can handle a hard drive this size?

Cheers,
Christian