qemu-devel

VNC clipboard support

From: address@hidden
Subject: VNC clipboard support
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 15:29:20 +0000

Hello,

I'm trying to use the copy/paste with VNC.

I'm launching qemu with:

$ qemu-system-x86_64 -hda debiandisk.img vnc :1

I'm using tightvncviewer which has support for copy/paste.

I try to copy text between guest and host.

It doesn't work. Neither from host to guest or guest to host.

As far as I know, there is clipboard support in VNC (ui/vnc-clipboard.c and so on).
With wireshark, I can see that tightvncviewer send clipboard requests.

Am I missing some configuration?

Note:
I also tried to launch qemu with:
$ qemu-system-x86_64 -hda debiandisk.img vnc :1 -device virtio-serial-pci -spice port=5930,disable-ticketing=on -device virtserialport,chardev=spicechannel0,name=com.redhat.spice.0 -chardev spicevmc,id=spicechannel0,name=vdagent
but with no success.

Questions:
Does copy/paste works with VNC? (I'm beginning to think no?)
Do I have to install something in the VM? (what?)

Thank you