qemu-devel

Re: get_relocated_path: the configured paths are not looked for?

From: Michael Tokarev
Subject: Re: get_relocated_path: the configured paths are not looked for?
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 21:10:44 +0300

23.04.2023 20:39, Akihiko Odaki пишет:
On 2023/04/23 22:22, Michael Tokarev wrote:
23.04.2023 14:47, Akihiko Odaki пишет:

https://salsa.debian.org/qemu-team/qemu/-/commit/e017f53a8550d0bcaaca81c6dacac8ec34295cf0
fwiw.

I seriously think you better consult GCC and other package maintainers to have consensus on handling this kind of scenario. Otherwise you don't get the behavior you expect from other packages.

I know no other software which does this.  It's interesting you mentioned GCC, -
I've seen it is doing that for years, wondered why.  But it works just fine
when moved elsewhere - I just tried compiling a hello.c program by
/tmp/gcc, it works exactly the same way as compiled by /usr/bin/gcc.
And wast majority of software available on linux does not do these funny
tricks with relative-to-executable paths (I can't say for *all* software,
but it is definitely uncommon and I know no other examples).  Only qemu
is broken in this context.  The patch above fixes this breakage.

/mjt