qemu-devel

Re: source fails to compile on msys2

From: Howard Spoelstra
Subject: Re: source fails to compile on msys2
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 15:13:09 +0200

Hello Peter,

My source was cloned today. I just cloned again and I still see the tokens reversed:
git clone https://www.gitlab.com/qemu/qemu qemu-master-clean

/**
 * qemu_build_not_reached()
 *
 * The compiler, during optimization, is expected to prove that a call
 * to this function cannot be reached and remove it.  If the compiler
 * supports QEMU_ERROR, this will be reported at compile time; otherwise
 * this will be reported at link time due to the missing symbol.
 */
extern G_NORETURN
void QEMU_ERROR("code path is reachable")
    qemu_build_not_reached_always(void);
#if defined(__OPTIMIZE__) && !defined(__NO_INLINE__)
#define qemu_build_not_reached()  qemu_build_not_reached_always()
#else
#define qemu_build_not_reached()  g_assert_not_reached()
#endif

The source on gitlab shows the correct order:
/**
 * qemu_build_not_reached()
 *
 * The compiler, during optimization, is expected to prove that a call
 * to this function cannot be reached and remove it.  If the compiler
 * supports QEMU_ERROR, this will be reported at compile time; otherwise
 * this will be reported at link time due to the missing symbol.
 */
G_NORETURN extern