qemu-devel

Re: source fails to compile on msys2

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: Re: source fails to compile on msys2
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 14:28:31 +0200

Am 12.04.23 um 14:12 schrieb BALATON Zoltan:

On Wed, 12 Apr 2023, Howard Spoelstra wrote:
It seems the current source fails to compile with up to date msys2.

See here: https://qemu.weilnetz.de/
I think there are some patches there that aren't upstream. I don't know why and also don't know why those binaries are not built from QEMU master.

My related Git repository is https://repo.or.cz/w/qemu/ar7.git/. I merged v8.0.0-rc3 two days ago, and that code builds with no problems for Windows.

And yes, my code includes commits which are (still) missing upstream. Some of them are for special hardware which was either removed from QEMU master or which I think is not interesting for upstream. Others were already sent to qemu-devel, so might become part of QEMU master later. In addition there are commits for my Windows build environment which also uses a higher warning level than QEMU master. But usually the differences to the latest tagged QEMU release are small.

Stefan