qemu-devel

Re: qemu 7.2 stable release, 2nd try

From: Thomas Huth
Subject: Re: qemu 7.2 stable release, 2nd try
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 10:15:25 +0100

On 22/03/2023 09.16, Michael Tokarev wrote:
Hi!

After posting an RFC (due to me doing a stable release for the first time) and
getting exactly 0 replies/comments, I'm a bit worried, - does this mean there's
no interest in getting 7.2-stable out of the doors at all? :)

First, thank you very much for tackling this!

... but yes, IIRC there was always not that much response to the stable patch series that Michael Roth posted to the list in the past, so it seems most developers do not really look at this :-(

With 8.0 approaching rapidly, and with no other comments or new patches for
-stable, let's make this official within a week from now, on Mar-29.

It *feels* like quite some more changes should be picked too, but let's do
*something* after all :)

I agree, picking at least some patches is better than nothing!

I still need some minor help with the final step, - pushing to main qemu git
repo and running the whole testsuite before the actual release.  Asking for
push/commit access for that.

I suggest asking the Owners/Maintainers of the project directly is maybe the best idea (see https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/project_members).

 Thomas