qemu-devel

Re: qemu 7.2 stable release, 2nd try

From: Michael Tokarev
Subject: Re: qemu 7.2 stable release, 2nd try
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 19:34:20 +0300

28.03.2023 18:28, Alex Bennée wrote:
Michael Tokarev <mjt@tls.msk.ru> writes:

Hi!

After posting an RFC (due to me doing a stable release for the first time) and
getting exactly 0 replies/comments, I'm a bit worried, - does this mean there's
no interest in getting 7.2-stable out of the doors at all? :)

I'm interested - although Debian already has the "latest" stuff we need.
What do you need though, re-reviews or just simple Acked-by's for the
included patches?

Well, nothing really. Since this is my first attempt ever, I hoped someone
pointed
out some of mistakes which I did ;) It's definitely not that I need a personal
ACK
for every change I picked up, that'd be silly.

I was AFK for a few days here, but before the trip I picked up another bunch,
mentioned by Thomas in his reply. The trip was somewhat unexpected, - I wanted
to send another "Patch round-up" email with the newly picked up stuff, but
haven't done so due to the trip.

Now looking at this I think it's better to roll the changes back to commit
688714bf7eca805f98e9601b686e48a2269fc169 (
https://gitlab.com/mjt0k/qemu/-/commits/stable-7.2-staging ), and release
7.2.1 tomorrow without those changes.

Thanks,

/mjt