qemu-devel

Adopting abandoned patch?

From: Dinah B
Subject: Adopting abandoned patch?
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 22:29:11 -0500

Hi,

I'm looking to get more involved in contributing to QEMU. I noticed that there are some issues in the tracker where a sample patch has been contributed but never got merged, like a proposal to add multiboot2 support: https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues/389

Is another dev allowed to "adopt" the patch as-is, with proper attribution to the original dev and drive it to completion/merging (there are some features missing)? Or is "starting from scratch" required for legal reasons?

Thanks,
-Dinah