qemu-devel

Re: out of CI pipeline minutes again

From: Daniel P . Berrangé
Subject: Re: out of CI pipeline minutes again
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 14:14:09 +0000

On Thu, Feb 23, 2023 at 02:46:40PM +0100, Thomas Huth wrote:
> On 23/02/2023 13.56, Peter Maydell wrote:
> > Hi; the project is out of gitlab CI pipeline minutes again.
> > In the absence of any other proposals, no more pull request
> > merges will happen til 1st March...
>
> I'd like to propose again to send a link along with the pull request that
> shows that the shared runners are all green in the fork of the requester.
> You'd only need to check the custom runners in that case, which hopefully
> still work fine without CI minutes?

The maintainer's fork will almost certainly not be against current
HEAD though. So test results from them will not be equivalent to
the tests that Peter normally does on staging, which reflects the
result of merging current HEAD + the pull request.

Sometimes that won't matter, but especially near freeze when we have
a high volume of pull requests, I think that's an important difference
to reduce risk of regressions.

> It's definitely more cumbersome, but maybe better than queuing dozens of
> pull requests right in front of the soft freeze?

With regards,
Daniel