qemu-devel

Re: Fwd: VirtioSound device emulation implementation

From: Shreyansh Chouhan
Subject: Re: Fwd: VirtioSound device emulation implementation
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 16:00:38 +0530

If you want to see an example of a branch new vhost-user daemon being
built up from scratch see my recent virtio-rpmb series. The first few
patches of in-QEMU code will be the same boilerplate either way I think:

  https://patchew.org/QEMU/20200925125147.26943-1-alex.bennee@linaro.org/
This really clears everything about vhost-user daemons. Thanks a lot.

I am currently looking at how the sound subsystem is implemented in QEMU.
If I can recreate something similar for the vhost-user daemon,
I'll make it a vhost-user daemon. Else I will implement
it as an in-QEMU device. Either ways, I'll provide an implementation
plan with a loose timeline tomorrow.
I will start writing the code for the device from tomorrow.