qemu-devel

Re: Regressions in build process introduced since August

From: Stefano Garzarella
Subject: Re: Regressions in build process introduced since August
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 18:50:30 +0100

CCing Paolo and Marc-André who worked on meson integrations.

On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 11:57:25AM +0100, Stefan Weil wrote:
Dear all,

yesterday I tried to build new QEMU installers for Windows and noticed two regressions which break my build process:

*** Change in handling of --extra-cflags

Running `configure [...] --extra-cflags="-I /xyz"` results in compiler flags `-I [...] /xyz`, so the `-I` and `/xyz` are separated by other compiler flags which obviously cannot work as expected. I could work around that by removing the space and using a pattern like `-I/xyz`.

This regression is not restricted to builds targeting Windows.

*** Setting INSTALLER no longer handled

meson.build sets a hard name for the Windows installer executable: installer = 'qemu-setup-' + meson.project_version() + '.exe'.

Previously the installer name could be changed by running `make installer INSTALLER=qemu-setup-something.exe`. This no longer works. Is there an alternative solution how the name of the installer executable can be set? Or how could I reimplement the lost functionality?

Kind regards

Stefan Weil