qemu-devel

Re: please try to avoid sending pullreqs late on release-candidate day

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: please try to avoid sending pullreqs late on release-candidate day
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 23:16:26 +0200

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 04:56:25PM +0100, Peter Maydell wrote:
> It is not helpful if everybody sends their pullrequests late
> on the Tuesday afternoon, as there just isn't enough time in the
> day to merge test and apply them all before I have to cut the tag.
> Please, if you can, try to send pullrequests earlier, eg Monday.

I usually try, but it didn't work out this time due to patches coming
in late ...

Speaking of testing:  What is the state of gitlab ci?  How much of the
testing has been migrated over?  I've noticed I can push branches and
tags to a qemu fork @ gitlab.com and gitlab ci runs a bunch of tests.

What is the best way to indicate that the tag did pass gitlab ci
already?  Maybe simply send a pull request with gitlab.com url?

take care,
  Gerd