qemu-devel

Re: [REPORT] [GSoC - TCG Continuous Benchmarking] [#2] Dissecting QEMU I

From: Aleksandar Markovic
Subject: Re: [REPORT] [GSoC - TCG Continuous Benchmarking] [#2] Dissecting QEMU Into Three Main Parts
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 11:52:16 +0200

> As far as I know, this is how Ahmed test bed is setup:
>
> 1) Fresh installation on Ubuntu 18.04 on an Inter 64-bit host.
> 2) Install QEMU build prerequisite packages.
> 3) Install perf (this step is not necessary for Report 2, but it is
> for Report 1).
> 4) Install vallgrind.
> 5) Install 16 gcc cross-compilers. (which, together with native
> comipler, will sum up to the 17 possible QEMU targets)

The following commands install cross-compilers needed for creating
table in the second part or Ahmed's Report 2:

sudo apt-get install g++
sudo apt-get install g++-aarch64-linux-gnu
sudo apt-get install g++-alpha-linux-gnu
sudo apt-get install g++-arm-linux-gnueabi
sudo apt-get install g++-hppa-linux-gnu
sudo apt-get install g++-m68k-linux-gnu
sudo apt-get install g++-mips-linux-gnu
sudo apt-get install g++-mips64-linux-gnuabi64
sudo apt-get install g++-mips64el-linux-gnuabi64
sudo apt-get install g++-mipsel-linux-gnu
sudo apt-get install g++-powerpc-linux-gnu
sudo apt-get install g++-powerpc64-linux-gnu
sudo apt-get install g++-powerpc64le-linux-gnu
sudo apt-get install g++-riscv64-linux-gnu
sudo apt-get install g++-s390x-linux-gnu
sudo apt-get install g++-sh4-linux-gnu
sudo apt-get install g++-sparc64-linux-gnu

Ahmed, I think this should be in an Appendix section of Report 2.

Sincerely,
Aleksandar