qemu-devel

Re: how to build QEMU with the peripheral device modules

From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
Subject: Re: how to build QEMU with the peripheral device modules
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 16:59:20 +0200

Hi,

On 6/19/20 3:24 PM, casmac wrote:
> Hi All,
>    I am trying to add a DMA peripheral module. In hw/dma directory, a
> file  ti_dma.c is added.
>    Also, in hw/dma/kconfig, I added the following lines:
> config TI_DMA
> bool

You need some device that 'selects' your device.

You can select it by default:

  config TI_DMA
      bool
      default y

You can enforce the selection on a target. For example to add it
to all the ARM machines, in default-configs/arm-softmmu.mak add:

CONFIG_TI_DMA=y

The best is to only select it when required. For example if you
need it on all machines using a TI OMAP SoC, then you'd select it
in the OMAP section of hw/arm/Kconfig:

  config OMAP
      bool
      select FRAMEBUFFER
      select I2C
      select ECC
      select NAND
      select PFLASH_CFI01
      select SD
      select SERIAL
      select TI_DMA

You should have enough to adapt to your needs.

Regards,

Phil.