qemu-devel

how to build QEMU with the peripheral device modules

From: casmac
Subject: how to build QEMU with the peripheral device modules
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 21:24:19 +0800

Hi All,
   I am trying to add a DMA peripheral module. In hw/dma directory, a file  ti_dma.c is added.
   Also, in hw/dma/kconfig, I added the following lines:
config TI_DMA
bool
   In hw/dma/makefile.ojb, added one line:
common-obj-$(CONFIG_TI_DMA) += ti_dma.o
   However, ti_dma.c is not compiled as the QEMU project is built. Some directories(eg. block, cpu...) under hw will be compiled though.
   The makefile.obj seems to show that the DMA module would be built along with  others:
devices-dirs-y = core/
ifeq ($(CONFIG_SOFTMMU), y)
devices-dirs-$(call lor,$(CONFIG_VIRTIO_9P),$(call land,$(CONFIG_VIRTFS),$(CONFIG_XEN))) += 9pfs/
devices-dirs-y += acpi/
devices-dirs-y += adc/
devices-dirs-y += audio/
devices-dirs-y += block/
devices-dirs-y += bt/
devices-dirs-y += char/
devices-dirs-y += cpu/
devices-dirs-y += display/
devices-dirs-y += dma/
devices-dirs-y += gpio/
    I am not sure what is missing here. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks.

xiaolei