qemu-devel

Re: deprecation of in-tree builds

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: Re: deprecation of in-tree builds
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 18:23:10 +0300

> On 31 Mar 2020, at 15:07, Kevin Wolf <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Thanks for declaring my workflow irrelevant, I guess...

Sorry if this happened, it was not intended.

The intention was to point out that there are also other use cases of running
the QEMU builds, different from those specific to building Linux distribution
packages.

Given the large number of libraries and tools that the xPack Build Box workflow
supports, it is no surprise that it accepts both out of tree and in tree builds.

Just that for a large project like QEMU, since I usually run a multi-platform
build at once, having multiple copies of QEMU in each platform build folder
would be less space efficient than having a single copy in the folder with
common sources.

Apart from this, I actually don't mind, you can choose whatever solution you
want, I guess I can accommodate it somehow.

Regards,

Liviu