qemu-devel

Re: QEMU HTML documentation now on qemu.org

From: Daniel P . Berrangé
Subject: Re: QEMU HTML documentation now on qemu.org
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2019 10:06:06 +0000

On Wed, Nov 06, 2019 at 05:19:28PM +0100, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> Hi,
> You can now access the latest QEMU HTML documentation built from
> qemu.git/master nightly at:
>
>   https://wiki.qemu.org/docs/qemu-doc.html
>   https://wiki.qemu.org/docs/qemu-qmp-ref.html
>   https://wiki.qemu.org/docs/qemu-ga-ref.html
>   ...as well as interop/ and specs/
>
> Feel free to link to the documentation from the QEMU website and/or
> wiki!

What's the reason for putting on wiki.qemu.org URL ? It feels like
having it under www.qemu.org would be a more natural home, especially
if we can then make it pick up the jekyll theme around the pages.

Ideally we should publish the docs under versioned URL when we
make a release. eg  /docs/latest/....  for current GIT master
which I presume the above is tracking, and then a /docs/$VERSION/...
for each major release we cut.

That way users can get an accurate view of features in the QEMU
they are actually using.

Regards,
Daniel