qemu-devel

RE: QEMU for Qualcomm Hexagon - KVM Forum talk and code available

From: Taylor Simpson
Subject: RE: QEMU for Qualcomm Hexagon - KVM Forum talk and code available
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 02:35:10 +0000

That is correct.

Once you register on developer.qualcomm.com, you can download the Hexagon SDK
version 3.4.3.  Note that there are different downloads for Linux and Windows
hosts.

Once you have installed the SDK, look for the document bundle in the following
location
<INSTALL_DIR>/tools/HEXAGON_Tools/8.3.02/Documents/Hexagon_Document_Bundle.pdf
That PDF file is a container for a bunch of other documents.  If you want to
read more about the Hexagon architecture, look at the following
V67 Programmer's Reference Manual
V66 HVX Programmer's Reference Manual
The version on the quic github implements these.  Note that HVX stands for
Hexagon Vector eXtensions.  It is an optional set of instructions that operate
on 128-byte vectors.

IIRC, the revng github implements up to V62.  Alessandro or Niccolo can confirm.

Note that the toolchain in that installation generates code for the standalone
runtime or the RTOS, not Linux that the quic qemu generates.  However, they
should run on the revng version.  In the coming weeks, we'll work on setting up
a container to build the toolchain that will generate binaries that will run on
the quic version.

If anyone has any more questions, I'm happy to answer them.

Taylor