qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 08/10] target/arm: Conditionalize some asserts on

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 08/10] target/arm: Conditionalize some asserts on aarch32 support
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2019 17:59:49 +0100

On Tue, 16 Jul 2019 at 17:51, Laszlo Ersek <address@hidden> wrote:
> The issue still reproduces, so it makes sense for me to look at the host
> kernel version... Well, I'm afraid it won't help much, for an upstream
> investigation:
>
>   4.14.0-115.8.2.el7a.aarch64
>
> This is the latest released kernel from "Red Hat Enterprise Linux for
> ARM 64 7".

OK. (I'm using 4.15.0-51-generic from ubuntu).

Could you run with QEMU under gdb, and when it hits the
assertion go back up a stack frame to the arm_cpu_realizefn()
frame, and then "print /x cpu->isar" ? That should show us
what we think we've got as ID registers from the kernel.
(You might need to build QEMU with --enable-debug to get
useful enough debug info to do that, not sure.)

thanks
-- PMM