qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qgraph

From: Natalia Fursova
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qgraph
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 11:37:37 +0300

ping

Best regards,

Natalia

From: Наталья Фурсова [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 2:57 PM
To: 'address@hidden'; 'address@hidden'; Паша
(address@hidden)
Subject: qgraph

Hello, Paolo!

We develop GUI for Qemu and want to implement graphical interface for
configuring the device tree. To do this we need to detect list of the
devices supported by any specific platform.

Then we use this tree for command line generation.

Existing qmp commands don't supply enough information to build the tree.
They miss bus and interface data.

There is something called 'qgraph' in Qemu. It looks similar to data
structures in our GUI tool.

Tell me please, do you have a plan on improving this interface? We found the
following hardcoded lines in the tests:

qos_node_consumes("megasas", "pci-bus", &opts);

qos_node_produces("megasas", "pci-device");

And we wanted to extend QMP to query this kind of information.

Best regards,

Natalia