qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qgraph

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qgraph
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 17:06:20 +0200

On 04/06/19 10:37, Natalia Fursova wrote:
> Hello, Paolo!
>
> We develop GUI for Qemu and want to implement graphical interface for
> configuring the device tree. To do this we need to detect list of the
> devices supported by any specific platform.
>
> Then we use this tree for command line generation.
>
> Existing qmp commands don't supply enough information to build the tree.
> They miss bus and interface data.

Hi!

Bus data is implicit in the parent class provided by QMP.  For example,
pci-device is the superclass of PCI devices, scsi-device is the
superclass of SCSI devices, etc.

qgraph is indeed similar, but it is only used by test cases, not by QEMU
itself.  The difference is that qgraph links together _drivers_ for the
devices, and so it is limited to those devices that have tests.  For
some ideas behind qgraph, see
https://wiki.qemu.org/Features/qtest_driver_framework.

Paolo