qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v2 12/27] target/mips: Convert to CPUClass::tlb_f

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v2 12/27] target/mips: Convert to CPUClass::tlb_fill
Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 16:25:53 +0100

On Sat, 11 May 2019 at 14:43, Aleksandar Markovic
<address@hidden> wrote:
> This commit message is generally poor, as it explains relatively unimportant
> logging issue, while not explaining the core of the change.

I think the assumption with this sort of "refactor to change
all instances of an API" change is that you will go and
look at the commit message (or cover letter for the patch
series) that introduces the new API; there's no great need
to repeat the same justification for every commit that
applies the refactoring to each of our dozen or more
guest front-ends.

I'm not sure that wordsmithing a commit message really
justifies rerolling this pull request at this point.

thanks
-- PMM