qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] State of QEMU CI as we enter 4.0

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] State of QEMU CI as we enter 4.0
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 18:22:44 +0000

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 at 15:57, Alex Bennée <address@hidden> wrote:
> Testing in the Cloud
> ====================
>
> After BuildBot went out-of-service we have been relying heavily on Travis
> as our primary CI platform. This has been creaking somewhat under the
> strain and while we have a large test matrix its coverage is fairly
> Ubuntu/x86 centric. However in recent months we've expanded and we now
> have:
>
>   - Shippable, cross compilers - catches a lot of 32/64 bit isms
>   - Cirrus, FreeBSD and MacOS builds
>   - GitLab, Alternative x86/Debian - iotests

Are any of these capable of replacing my ad-hoc collection
of build test systems for testing merges ? I would quite like
to be able to do that, because it would make it easier for
other people to take over the process of handling pull requests
when I'm away.

I think the main requirements for that would be:
 * covers full range of hosts[*]
 * can be asked to do a test build of a merge before
   I push it to master
 * reliably completes all builds within say 90 minutes
   of being asked to start

[+] I currently test:
 - windows crossbuilds
 - S390, AArch32, AArch64, PPC64 Linux
   (SPARC currently disabled because of the migration-test flakiness)
 - OSX
 - FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD via the tests/vm setup
 - various x86-64 configs: from-clean; debug; clang; TCI; no-tcg;
   linux-static (including 'make check-tcg')

thanks
-- PMM