qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] building rst docs with sphinx

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] building rst docs with sphinx
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 09:30:10 +0000

On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 at 21:54, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> On 1/24/19 7:56 PM, Peter Maydell wrote:
> > I had another look this afternoon at building our rST docs
> > with sphinx-build. In particular, we currently have some
> > docs in rst format, but we're not building them into HTML
> > or shipping them. (Predictably, this means a few errors and
> > warnings have crept in...)
>
> Are you talking about the files in docs/ such docs/devel/testing.rst?

I mean the .rst files in docs/. (I do want to do some autogen
as well -- we're planning to use the Linux kernel's kerneldoc
sphinx plugin for this, and I have some prototype patches to
plumb that in -- but since that will all be "developer"
docs I'd like to get the basic framework of manuals sorted
before adding that in.)

thanks
-- PMM