qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] building rst docs with sphinx

From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] building rst docs with sphinx
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 22:54:30 +0100

Hi Peter,

On 1/24/19 7:56 PM, Peter Maydell wrote:
> I had another look this afternoon at building our rST docs
> with sphinx-build. In particular, we currently have some
> docs in rst format, but we're not building them into HTML
> or shipping them. (Predictably, this means a few errors and
> warnings have crept in...)

Are you talking about the files in docs/ such docs/devel/testing.rst?

Or about documention within the source files?
If so, is that the format you are talking about?

https://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/master/usage/restructuredtext/domains.html#the-c-domain

'''
The C domain (name c) is suited for documentation of C API.

.. c:function:: function prototype

    Describes a C function. The signature should be given as in C, e.g.:

    .. c:function:: PyObject* PyType_GenericAlloc(PyTypeObject *type,
Py_ssize_t nitems)
'''