qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Apparently fpu/softfloat.c:1374 is reachable

From: Palmer Dabbelt
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Apparently fpu/softfloat.c:1374 is reachable
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2018 14:31:01 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 09 Mar 2018 13:49:57 PST (-0800), address@hidden wrote:
On Fri, Mar 09, 2018 at 11:34:56 +0000, Michael Clark wrote:
Isn't Cc'ing riscv-patches an obvious use case for using the --cc flag?
(BTW You can add as many --cc's as you want, and these apply to all patches
in a series.)

FWIW, that's what I do with my patches.  I generally only add CC lines to the
patches if the address won't be found by the normal means (ie,
scripts/get_maintainer.pl) -- for example, maybe someone helped out a lot with
the patch but hasn't provided a reviewed-by yet.  Everyone else should come out
of the script, which makes it easy to avoid forgetting :).

Of course, that's all for my Linux stuff.  While I haven't really submitted any
QEMU patches, the flow seems very similar to Linux.  The GNU flow is a bit
different, but the git-send-email flow is very similar (without
get_maintainers).