qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL V4 00/31] Net patches

From: Fam Zheng
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL V4 00/31] Net patches
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 08:40:48 +0800

On Thu, 06/02 13:05, Eric Blake wrote:
> On 06/02/2016 12:09 PM, Dmitry Fleytman wrote:
>

> > The build did not pass because of tracepoint e1000e_rx_rss_ip6 which failed
> > to compile.
> >
> > This tracepoint has 11 parameters, when 1 parameter is removed build
> > succeeds.
> > Could it be that ust backend has a limitation of 10 parameters per event?
> > Should I split this trace into 2 events?
> >
> > In general, I would like to check compilability of my patches better next
> > time,
> > is there a way to figure out a full list of configurations to be tested? Is
> > there a tool for that maybe?
>
> The brand new docker tests (see commit cbd614870 and above) should make
> it easier to test multiple setups, although I'm not sure if ust is one
> of the docker tests yet.

Yes, thanks for mentioning! And there is a "travis" script that can mimic
travis-ci.org testing (it's a PoC far from perfect for now):

    make address@hidden

Next step, I'll take a look at our .travis.yml matrix and make a selection out
of that (maybe by flattening all dimensions onto one base configuration, so it
can become a first class test that completes in a resonable time on a single
average machine that a developer owns).

Fam