qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] extensions to the -m memory option

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] extensions to the -m memory option
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 13:15:54 +0300

> On 01 Jun 2015, at 01:59, Liviu Ionescu <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>> On 01 Jun 2015, at 01:10, Peter Crosthwaite <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> ... If
>> there is an ARM doc specifying this (separate from ARM ARM M profile
>> doc) then let me know, cause this will very easily justify the change
>> you just made. That said, a critical mass of manufacturers doing the
>> same thing may also justify this in its own right.
>
> 'this', 'it' are very confusing.
>
> you mean the cortex-m devices having ram and flash?
>
> I certainly don't know all existing Cortex-M devices, but I know many of
> them. I did not yet encounter one without internal flash & ram.
>
> as for ARM docs, I don't know what you are looking for, but for me the
> "System Address Map" chapter in "ARMv7-M Architecture Application Level
> Reference Manual", ARM DDI 0405C, table Table B2-1 ARMv7-M Address map, is
> clear enough:
>
> 0x00000000-0x1FFFFFFF | Code | flash or other code. Implementation can use
> less, but must start this region at address 0x0.
> 0x20000000-0x3FFFFFFF | SRAM | on-chip RAM. SRAM should be from base, other
> kinds can be offset
> ... etc

similar content is also present in Table B3-1 "ARMv7-M address map", in ARM DDI
0403D, "ARMv7-M Architecture Reference Manual".

0x00000000-0x1FFFFFFF | Code | Typically ROM or flash memory. Memory required
from address 0x0 to support the vector table for system boot code on reset.
0x20000000-0x3FFFFFFF | SRAM | SRAM region typically used for on-chip RAM.

does this answer your question?

regards,

Liviu