[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 01/17] docs: incremental backup
Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-block] [PATCH v2 01/17] docs: incremental backup documentation
Wed, 11 Mar 2015 10:19:21 -0400
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/31.4.0
On 03/11/2015 09:43 AM, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
On Mon, Mar 02, 2015 at 06:19:47PM -0500, John Snow wrote:
+## Bitmap Modes
+* A Bitmap can be "enabled" (tracking writes, the default) or "disabled"
+(read-only, I/O is ignored.) This state is currently only changed internally
+for the purposes of migration, and otherwise remains enabled.
From a QMP API perspective this information is not relevant. The
documentation is clearer without the concept of enabled/disabled.
Hm ... I suppose; If you want all mention of this gone from user view, I
should actually remove this status field from the query, too. It is
entirely possible to have a state where the bitmap is not frozen, but it
is disabled (migration, perhaps others in the future?) so I left the
status visible to the user for now.
libvirt et al could likely rely on the migration status to know not to
manipulate bitmaps, but having that status information directly in the
bitmap didn't bother me.
+* In the event of an error that occurs after a backup job is successfully
+ launched, either by a direct QMP command or a QMP transaction, the user
+ will receive a BLOCK_JOB_COMPLETE event with a failure message.
I would add BLOCK_JOB_CANCELLED just in case. When aborting a QMP
transaction it's likely that the job will be cancelled and the user will
not get a BLOCK_JOB_COMPLETE event.
I can elaborate, sure.
[Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 04/17] qmp: Add block-dirty-bitmap-add and block-dirty-bitmap-remove, John Snow, 2015/03/02
[Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 02/17] qapi: Add optional field "name" to block dirty bitmap, John Snow, 2015/03/02
[Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 14/17] block: Resize bitmaps on bdrv_truncate, John Snow, 2015/03/02
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 00/17] block: transactionless incremental backup series, John Snow, 2015/03/02
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 06/17] hbitmap: add hbitmap_merge, John Snow, 2015/03/02
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 05/17] block: Introduce bdrv_dirty_bitmap_granularity(), John Snow, 2015/03/02
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 03/17] qmp: Ensure consistent granularity type, John Snow, 2015/03/02
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 07/17] block: Add bitmap disabled status, John Snow, 2015/03/02
- [Qemu-devel] [PATCH v2 01/17] docs: incremental backup documentation, John Snow, 2015/03/02