qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Better Cortex-M support?

From: Alistair Francis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Better Cortex-M support?
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 10:39:27 +1000

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 5:32 PM, Liviu Ionescu <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 14 Nov 2014, at 03:01, Alistair Francis <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I haven't looked into CMSIS or using SysTick, so I can't confirm that
>> they work. I don't have any experience with using either, so I can't
>> really be of much help with those.
>
> when you'll have some time, perhaps it would be useful to install GNU ARM
> Eclipse and generate a project for your board, run it on the physical
> hardware, then test it on QEMU.

Sorry about the long delay. I probably won't be able to do that for
some time, I have other other aspects for the project that are higher
priority. If I get a chance I will though

>> I have implementations for the more important system peripherals in
>> the STM32F2xx/4xx SoC families, including GPIO.
>
> did you implement the clock related registers? PLL & others? these are used
> during CMSIS SystemInit() and are mandatory, otherwise emulation will either
> fail or not be realistic.

Not specifically. I did implement a timer peripheral, but I assume
that isn't the same. I didn't have any issues with timing and
unrealistic emulation, but I'm not looking for exact time accurate
emulations

Thanks,

Alistair