qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] How to modify configure for new added file

From: Peter Crosthwaite
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] How to modify configure for new added file
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 08:16:22 +1000

Hi Kaiyuan,

response inline below ..

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 7:31 PM, Kaiyuan <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am so sorry for my abrupt mail. I am newbie to open source communities.My
> study is to add a new encrypt module to PowerPC boards.  But I think the ways
> to add HW device are same between ARM or PowerPC. So I found out some similar
> implementation like your commit. But the contents about configure confuse me.
> How to let make to know there is new files added to project?
>

> Kaiyuan Liang
>
> In 2014-10-29,Peter Crosthwaite <address@hidden> wrote:-----Origin email-----
>  From: Peter Crosthwaite <address@hidden>
>  Sent Time: Wednesday, October 29, 2014
>  To: Kaiyuan <address@hidden>
>  Subject: RE: How to modify configure for new added file
>
> Hi Kaiyuan,
>
> I suggest asking these questions on the qemu-devel mailing list, even if you
> do target them at a specific person.
>
> The best way to ask is:
>
> “Hi everyone…”
>
> But then if you have particular people in mind who you think can best answer
> your question you add them to the email to: or cc: .
>
> Some other information you may wish to include is what qemu target or targets
> you are running for? is this ARM?
>
> Regards,
> Peter

There are two steps to this. One it to create your new config variable
and set it to y. The second is to use it. In one or more of the
default configs (e.g. default-configs/arm-softmmu.mak) set a config
variable to y

e.g.

CONFIG_MY_DEV=y

If you are doing both ARM and PPC you need to add it to both ARM and
PPC defconfigs.

Then in hw/misc/Makefile.objs you add your new .o object, conditional
on this new switch.

obj-(CONFIG_MY_DEV) += my_dev.o

HTH

Regards,