qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Live Block Migration using Mirroring

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Live Block Migration using Mirroring
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 16:35:23 +0000

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 5:13 PM, Federico Simoncelli
<address@hidden> wrote:
>  recently I've been working on live block migration combining the live
> snapshots and the blkmirror patch sent by Marcelo Tosatti few months ago.
>
> The design is summarized at this url as "Mirrored-Snapshot":
>
> http://www.ovirt.org/wiki/Features/Design/StorageLiveMigration

After mirrored-snapshot completes we're left with the base and the
snapshot.  Is the idea to implement live snapshot merge next?  Or do
you have something else planned to avoid growing the backing file
chain each time mirrored-snapshot is used?

Stefan