qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] General information about the QEMU project

From: loki84
Subject: [Qemu-devel] General information about the QEMU project
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 13:14:17 +0200

Hi

I am searching for some informations about QEMU.

1.
Currently it's possible to compile and run QEMU under Windows. Is there a fixed support for Windows platforms (as Host)? Or is it possible that newer releases only work on Linux platforms?

2.
I have searched for an "atapi cdrom passthrough" feature and found a (old) patch for Linux.
http://archive.netbsd.se/?ml=qemu-devel&a=2009-06&t=11010205

Is "passthrough" support implemented in QEMU? Does this also work with Windows hosts? Or is there a major reason why this feature is not implemented in QEMU?

3.
How long will the comunity support QEMU in the future? It seems for me with all the new virtualization technologies (CPU, ...) QEMU will be useless sometimes.

Thank you all in previous.

loki84