qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: commit rules for common git tree

From: Scott Tsai
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: commit rules for common git tree
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 07:19:59 +0800

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 4:34 AM, Aurelien Jarno <address@hidden> wrote:
> Most of the patches I commit without posting them first to the list are
> to fix bugs on non i386 targets, as they are broken too often by people
> who don't care about them.
>
> I don't like leaving the tree broken too long so I prefer to fix that
> directly. If people prefer, I can simply revert the broken patch or
> series, even if sometimes it means reverting a series of 10 or more
> patches.

I think a MAINTAINERS file that lists the people with push access to
the main repo and their public git trees could be quite helpful.
For example, I only learned about the aliguri-queue repo from reading
qemu-devel.

Also if there are architecture specific trees that are close to
mainline but where non i386 system emulation are known to be well
tested I'd love to use and work off them.