qemu-devel

Re: merge GGI support? [was: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] CRIS target port]

From: Bernhard Fischer
Subject: Re: merge GGI support? [was: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] CRIS target port]
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 22:15:03 +0200

On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 09:29:51PM +0200, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
>On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 07:36:47PM +0100, Thiemo Seufer wrote:

>>- What is the deal with the GGI license mentioned?
>
>I don't really know. The current patch has
>+/* #include license.bsd */
>But if this imposes a problem due to the advertising clause, it's fine
>with me to dual-license it BSD/GPL (or just GPL for that matter).

I just looked again and there is no issue that i can see.
QEMU as a whole is licensed under GPL, libqemu may be LGPL.
Several parts of devices are under BSD (if used standalone, outside
qemu, it seems).

I've expanded the brief '#include license.bsd' by the whole blob with a
note that

 * alternatively
 * you can redistribute it and/or modify
 * it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
 * the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
 * (at your option) any later version.
 */

now, so that shouldn't be a real issue, i hope.