qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Saving Sparc NVRAM contents between QEMU sessions

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Saving Sparc NVRAM contents between QEMU sessions
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 15:40:09 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, Armistead, Jason wrote:

> Is there any functionality, existing or planned or patched, to save Sparc
> NVRAM contents between QEMU sessions and reload it when QEMU starts up ?

AFICT, no.

> Obviously, writing a save / restore function for NVRAM is not terribly
> difficult, but how should it be approached "the QEMU way" ?

I think the spirit of QEmu would dictate to have a command line option
pointing to a file. This file (provided it exists already) would be read
in on startup, and written to, whenever the NVRAM changes (it would be
best, probably to just fopen()/fseek()/fwrite()/fclose() rather than
mmap()ing the file, since MinGW32 either does not support that, or not
very well -- I don't remember which of these).

Ciao,
Dscho