qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Gentlemen we have absolute movement! was:Absolute USB-H

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Gentlemen we have absolute movement! was:Absolute USB-HID device musings (was Re: VNC Terminal Server)
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 23:20:40 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006, Brad Campbell wrote:

> The VNC patch extends the existing mouse handler by passing it abs
> coordinates as well, (this is the basis of what I used) so there are no
> additional routines.. I figure if you pass both relative (faked if need
> be) and abs to the routine then the mouse can use whatever it likes.

That was a kludge. I always meant to do some cleanup there as soon as I
got Summagraphics to work with win98 (which has not yet happened :-( ).

I'd rather have two calls, one for absolute and one for relative, where
relative checks if the current active mouse is relative or absolute, and
in the latter case just calls absolute and vice versa.

Ciao,
Dscho