qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Norton Ghost crashes with page fault for me too.

From: jeebs
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Norton Ghost crashes with page fault for me too.
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 12:28:35 -0500

"Jim C. Brown"

> They weren't committed to the CVS tree yet. You'll need to get it in patch
> form. I'm reattaching all the necessary patches and files here, so you can
> get
> it all in one place. (The .c files I've attached should be dropped in the
> main qemu
> directory).

Here are the steps I did.

I follwed the mingw compilation instructions posted in the qemu-user's
forum.  Just to make sure that my setup was working.

>From http://www.gimp.org/win32/  I downloaded the recommended versions of:

atk-1.8.0.zip
atk-dev-1.8.0.zip
gettext-runtime-0.13.1.zip
glib-2.4.7.zip
glib-dev-2.4.7.zip
gtk+-2.4.14.zip
gtk+-dev-2.4.14.zip
libiconv-1.9.1.bin.woe32.zip
pango-1.4.1.zip
pango-dev-1.4.1.zip
pkgconfig-0.15.zip

I unzipped those in the msys/mingw directory.

I then ran the msys program to get a 'linux shell'.

I did a make clean in qemu.

I copied all your files to the qemu directory.

I did "patch <qemu-gtk-patch.diff" and "patch <vl.c.diff"  Was I supposed to
use any options?

I did:

./configure --target-list=i386-softmmu --static --enable-gtk

and got:

Install prefix    /c/Program Files/Qemu
BIOS directory    /c/Program Files/Qemu
binary directory  /c/Program Files/Qemu
Source path       /home/Admin/qemu
C compiler        gcc
make              make
host CPU          i386
host big endian   no
target list       i386-softmmu
gprof enabled     no
static build      yes
SDL support       yes
SDL static link   yes
GTK support       yes
GTK FS driver     null_fs.c
mingw32 support   yes
Adlib support     no
FMOD support      no
kqemu support     no

Then 'make' and I got this error right at the end...

H:/MSys/home/Admin/qemu/gdk_set_window_pointer.c:45: undefined reference to
`GDK_WINDOW_HWND'

(Plus, the usual assortment of warnings in a typical qemu build.)